We’re hiring! Join the #UPFRONT team as our Community Designer
#UPFRONT is now 3 years old and we’re looking for someone who’s brilliant at content, comms and building communities to join our small team as our Community Designer. The purpose of this part-time and flexible role is to support Lauren, our founder, in serving our growing community. If you’re looking for additional freelance opportunities to support your career or you’re on the hunt for side hustle with a small startup with a big social mission you’re in the right place.
We’re here to change confidence. #UPFRONT encourages and elevates new voices on and off public stages by working with conferences, businesses and individuals. In the last three years over 500 people have sat on the #UPFRONT sofa around the world. They are now 30% likely to talk on stage themselves one day. We have delivered training for clients such as Co-Op and Fjord.
About the role…
What you’ll be expected to do:
- Create content relevant to our growing online community.
- Support with the management of #UPFRONT inbox, acting as the main point of contact for inbound enquiries and working closely with the founder to prioritise and action enquiries when necessary.
- Schedule, post and monitor content on our Instagram, twitter and Facebook to inspire confidence in our online #upfront community.
- Design #UPFRONT templates and assets for a range of communications, including our newsletter, social media channels, and online course materials.
- Oversee the launch of our online confidence course, ensuring systems and processes are set up properly to ensure a fantastic experience for those taking the course.
A bit about you…
What we’re looking for:
- A champion of our mission to change confidence.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently and remotely.
- Someone able to create beautiful assets and templates using your graphic design skills.
- Someone with experience in setting up systems and processes, and are confident in using CRM systems.
- Someone familiar with email marketing tools such as MailChimp.
- Someone familiar with using collaborative G-Suite tools such as Slides, Docs and Spreadsheets.
- A natural organiser and problem solver, with administrative experience, preferably in inbox management.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘[your name] – Community Designer application’. Attach your CV and short video (a youtube or vimeo link) no longer than 3 minutes outlining a) why you’d like to join #UPFRONT and b) why you think you’re right for the role.
Three stage recruitment process:
- Email application, including CV and short video
- Video call interview with Lauren Currie
- Final face to face interview
We care deeply about equality, so we strongly encourage women and people of colour to apply. We believe in flexible working, you’ll be able to work remotely and at a time / frequency that is most convenient to you. This is a rolling freelance contract that will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Deadline for applications: Friday 8th March
£100 a day, working 4 days a month.
‘Working at #UPFRONT has not only been a great learning experience, but also a hugely uplifting one. Working closely with Lauren and seeing first hand the positive impact #upfront has on all the wonderful people and organisations who get involved has been a truly eye opening experience. It’s helped me significantly in growing my own self confidence too.’
Alice Harvey, #UPFRONT Project Lead